Island Park Productions has announced the lineup of musicians who will take the stage as part of the Duck Jam in the Park concert series this summer. The series, now in its third year, will again host free concerts on Thursday evenings at the Island Park Performance Venue throughout the summer.
· May 20 – Micky and the Motorcars , a roots-rock band from Austin, Texas, will take the stage with opening support from American Idol contestant and Wellington native, Makayla Brownlee .
· June 17 – Danielle Nicole Band, a blues rock band from Kansas City whose album “Cry No More” won three Independent Blues Awards. Opening support will come from a dark rock singer/songwriter from Wichita, Dusty Grant .
· July 1 – Uche and the Crash a band covering popular rock, soul, and roots music, will play a block-party show to kick-off the long Independence Day weekend.
· August 26 – The Freedom Affair will bring powerful soul music with its nine piece band to Island Park. This dynamic collection with three powerhouse vocalists channel the traditional sounds of soul while sending messages focused on the present and future. Rudy Love Jr., a bluesman out of Wichita, will open.
· September 9 – The Mighty Pines & Wild Ponies will bring great musicianship that is bluegrass and folk music-inspired in this dual-headliner show to celebrate the day of the Walnut Valley Festival’s Land Rush.
“We can’t wait to showcase these extremely talented musicians on the Island Park Performance Venue and give folks a chance to get outside and enjoy live music with their peers again.” said Jill Long, who serves as the Island Park Productions chairperson.
All concerts this year will begin at 7:00 PM. Gates will open at 6:00 PM. Island Park Productions, the group of volunteers responsible for organizing the concert series, is working to secure sponsorships. Individuals, businesses, and organizations interested in supporting free concerts at Island Park should contact the Winfield Chamber of Commerce to learn more about remaining sponsorship opportunities.