TOPEKA – Governor Laura Kelly today announced appointments to Kansas state boards and commissions.
Kansas Credit Union Council
The purpose of this council is to supervise and regulate credit unions.
- Bradley Dyer, Jr, Wichita
- Mark Kolarik, Pittsburg
KANSASWORKS State Board
Formed in accordance with the Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, and renamed from The State Workforce Board by Gov. Sam Brownback, the KANSASWORKS State Board is the vehicle the Governor uses to convene State, regional and local workforce system partners and stakeholders to enhance efficiencies and outcomes of multiple federal and state funded workforce programs through alignment in a single state workforce system, promote economic growth by engaging public and private partners and stakeholders in the development and implementation of strategies that address the needs of business and individual citizens, and enhance the overall capacity of existing resources by connecting all services under one comprehensive workforce system.
- Janeth Vazquez, Liberal
State Board of Pharmacy
The purpose of this council is to license and register entities conducting business relating to the practice of pharmacy and protect public health and welfare against unprofessional, improper, and unauthorized practice of pharmacy.
- Lucinda Noches Talbert, Kansas City, KS
Senate Appointments Pending Confirmation
The following appointments by the governor were submitted to the Senate the week of March 1, 2021 for confirmation.
- Amber Shultz – Secretary, Kansas Department of Labor
- Mark Uhlig – University of Kansas Hospital Authority (Reappointment)
- Suchitra Padmanabhan – Kansas Development Finance Authority (Reappointment)
- Sheryl Gilchrist – State Civil Service Board (Reappointment)
- Tom Phillips – State Civil Service Board